Like frosting like on a birthday cupcake, bringing us to ~
...a happy announcement and call for a digital party. Yesterday +Ana Maria Fores Tamayo's Adjunct Justice (on Tumblr) turned one year old (you might not have noticed from just the post title) Celebrate by visiting the blog and following. PS plans are afoot to add a comment feature too because we all know how much Ana enjoys conversations with visitors to the Adjunct Justice Facebook page.
On a more somber Monday note, we have a moving notice from Uncle Noodle and, reading it, cast a pox on trolls. He moved his blog Adjunctular Noodling from Blogger to WordPress, possibly minus some posts, to have a troll free zone.
❝This blogspot will be aged off not later than Thanksgiving. A 301 redirect will not be offered to deliver current users to the new URL. This being done to leave trolls and robo-users behind.❞It's time for connected adjuncts ~ a "troll busters" unit ~ to make a stand against against trolling and digital mobbing on blogs, social media, listservs and groups to discourage what these thugs judge as contrary to what they have determined as the adjunct agenda. I don't personally agree with all of Noodle's positions but disagree even more with mobbing and attempts to stifle conflicting opinion. It's no #Gamergate, but (paraphrasing GBS) the difference is more one of degree not kind.
From the precarious faculty network (including social media and the three blogrolls: precarity or adjuncts and teachers (101); orgs/unions/pubs/biz (48); neither fish nor fowl aka other (27).
- #surveillance & #analytics—Big Brother in the academy « @TimesHigherEducation - 10/26/2014
- The most vulnerable — the “adjunct” of... - 10/26/2014
- #Adjunct Special Issues: #PSLF in the News - 10/25/2014
- #CommunityCollege Moment—Lane CC @LaneNews - 10/24/2014
- How to adjunctivize your university - 10/24/2014
Of note from elsewhere on the never ending information flow
- GMTA: David Ruccio (on our blogroll), the New York Times also picked up on vampires and zombies, Sunday's featured flics. John Powers wrote about the political economy of zombies on Airship. Do I know how to pic Sunday flics or what? Now it's time to for platform crossing to double up on connecting the dots...er...links
- This really annoying (infuriating) IHE article on higher education's "trade organizations" and their CEO's big paydays ~ read it and snarl but don't feign surprise. (Is gambling going on here? I'm shocked, shocked)