July 31-August 3 in Sacramento -- just ahead of COCAL XI in NYC, the Occupy movement came together for reflection, learning, planning, sharing—and yes, marching! Despite drought and heat of 100°+, Occupiers from up and down the West Coast, as well as other areas of the country (and a few from elsewhere on the globe) shared 5 days of activism and discussion.
- Fri. GA http://new.livestream.com/acco unts/9447130/events/3237961/ videos/58115702
- Sat. GA http://new.livestream.com/acco unts/9447130/events/3240599/ videos/58188745
- Sun. GA
- 2014 OCCUPY NATIONAL GATHERING STATEMENT OF SOLIDARITY WITH PALESTINE PRESS RELEASE. http://interoccupy.net/blog/20 14-occupy-national-gathering- statement-of-solidarity-with- palestine/
- OCCUPY NATIONAL GATHERING STATEMENT OF SOLIDARITY WITH PALESTINE, http://interoccupy.net/natgat2 014/occupy-national-gathering- statement-of-solidarity-with- palestine/
"Occupy has distinguished itself as being one of the great moments in recent history of the United States when people came together from all walks of life, different races, different creeds, different political positions and all came together around something that was absolutely urgent and necessary.In that spirit, I am really calling on people to take up this month of mass resistance vs. mass inc that can bring together many many people –a big tent, a big occupy tent, where occupy can actually rejuvenate its energy and reach out to many people in the press community that we have not reached out to before."
- THE 2014 OCCUPY NATIONAL GATHERING ENDORSES A MONTH [OCTOBER] OF NON-VIOLENT RESISTANCE AGAINST MASS INCARCERATION, http://interoccupy.net/natgat2 014/the-2014-occupy-national- gathering-endorses-a-month- october-of-non-violent-resista nce-against-mass-incarceration /
- A CALL FOR A MONTH OF RESISTANCE TO MASS INCARCERATION, POLICE TERROR, REPRESSION AND THE CRIMINALIZATION OF A GENERATION!
For 2 generations, Black and Latina/Latino youth in the U.S. have been shipped off to prison in numbers never before seen anywhere in the world at any time. More than 2 million people, of all nationalities languish in prison — ten times the number 50 years ago. The U.S. has 5% of the world's population but 25% of the world's prison population! More than 60% of those in U.S. prisons are Black or Latina/o. 32% of Black men between the ages of 20 and 29 are in prison or on parole or probation on any given day. More than 80,000 people in prison are held in solitary confinement.
The Stop Mass Incarceration Network http://www.stopmassincarcerati on.net/
A working group of folks from around the country has continued the work started by the 2011 Demands and Objectives survey results of Occupy LA, to help solidify our unity, declare our non-violence, summarize what we want, and grow our movement. Please stay tuned for upcoming conference calls if you would like to be involved in this work.
Please help advance this proposal and work by signing the Petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/voice-to-the-voiceless- solidarity-declaration
- VOICE TO THE VOICELESS SOLIDARITY DECLARATION http://interoccupy.net/natgat2 014/voice-to-the-voiceless- solidarity-declaration/ and Voice to the Voiceless Solidarity Declaration Discussion on Loomio https://www.loomio.org/d/MkEsW lP0/voice-to-the-voiceless- solidarity-declaration
AN AUSSIE'S REFLECTIONS ON OCCUPY NATGAT 2014 AND WHERE TO FROM HERE: http://interoccupy.net/natgat2 014/an-aussies-reflections-on- occupy-natgat-2014-and-where- to-from-here/. View at http://www.ustream.tv/recorded /50923305 c.18:40
The Occupy National Gathering was planned using InterOccupy tools and services.
InterOccupy seeks to foster communication between individuals, Working Groups and local General Assemblies, across the movement. We do this in the spirit of the Occupy Movement and general assemblies which use direct democratic and horizontal decision-making processes in service to the interests of the 99%.