Today, Jack Longmate and I published an Op-Ed, "State should give part-time community college faculty a fair deal," about SB5844.
There is still time to write and email a letter if you have not already done so. See below for the correct names and emails of the committee members. They often read their emails during the committee hearings.
Please write a short letter. The most important part is the subject line. You can simply say Vote for SB 5844, or Support SB 5844 (Independent Adjunct Unions) or some such variation. It is unlikely they will read a long letter, but you can tell them briefly who you are and why you think separate unions are necessary.
If you want to save time and write one letter, you can address it to the Chair Janea Holmquist Newbry, and copy the other six committee members. See the list following my closing below.
Cordially, Keith Hoeller
Commerce & Labor
435 J.A. Cherberg Bldg., P.O. Box 40466, Olympia, WA 98504-0466
Committee Hearings & Bill Information: (360) 786-7426
Legislative Hotline Operators: 1-800-562-6000
Committee Members (Senators)
- Holmquist Newbry, Janéa (R) Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
gov, (360) 786-7624
- Braun, John (R) Vice Chair, email@example.com, (360) 786-7638
- Conway, Steve (D), firstname.lastname@example.org, (360) 786-7656
- Hasegawa, Bob (D), email@example.com, (360) 786-7616
- Hewitt, Mike (R), firstname.lastname@example.org, (360) 786-7630
- King, Curtis (R), email@example.com, (360) 786-7626
- Kohl-Welles, Jeanne (D), firstname.lastname@example.org, (360) 786-7670