|A typical May 1 in NYC|
In DC and NY, SEIU and New Paltz UUP are getting ready for their busy day. If the Steelworkers are on parade in Pittsburgh, their Adjunct Faculty chapter will be with them. OPTFA is already up and tweeting, telling every one to wear red and pin on / display their big red A's, set them as social media avatars and so on. Yesterday, I created A Gallery of A's for Adjuncts on the NFM Facebook page. Go pick one to print out or use as an avatar
Sources to start your personal #MayDay4adjuncts
- To post and share, to sign now if you haven't already: A May Day Manifesto: Seven Principles for Adjuncts
|Demonstrators in Puerta del Sol, Madrid|
- May Day marked by global protests: Workers across the world hold demonstrations calling for better pay and conditions, with clashes reported in Turkey (al Jazeera)
- May Day protests and Greek strikes - Eurozone crisis LIVE • GuardianWitness: Share your images and videos, updated throughout the day
- Thousands Riot for May Day in Europe Happy May Day—time to take to the streets. Thousands protested throughout Europe on Wednesday, the day set aside to honor unions and organized labor.
- links round up from Google News (if you must read USA Today, Yahoo News, major network TV "news" or Forbes' clueless mocking (Daily Beast)
- Jacob Remes on May Day from a year ago (Alternet, HT to Gerry Canavan, Lord of the Links)
|Google May Day Doodle video clip on YouTube|
Now back to twitter and rss feed watching, RT'g, email and general May Day following and sharing. SEIU 500 CAL action should be kicking off in Foggy Bottom right about now.
I've done this with the MLA conventions, NFM Summit 2012, conferences, and the IRS hearing, but this will be the first multi-location follow. Wish me luck, patience and persistence in hanging onto sanity and coherence.
We have a great post from Ana Maria Fores Tamayo for today's blog ~ it's so important that we remember the importance of individuals and not put all the day's focus on groups. I hope to add my own reflections, do more than just the usual funnel and shovel routine, but may not have time.