|Use it! Be heard!|
MLA needs adjuncts on the committees desperately if we hope to have a fair representation of the ratio of NTT to TT stream faculty in the ranks.
The following candidates have expressed an interest in issues affecting non-tenure track faculty or are actually non-tenure track faculty. One candidate is recognized as a potentially strong ally.
❤ SECOND VP: Dielai Kadir
❤ EXECUTIVE COUNCIL: Maria Maisto
❤SPECIAL INTEREST DELEGATES
- COMPOSITION, RHETORIC, AND WRITING: Jim Keller, Jr.
- CREATIVE WRITING: David Galef
- ETHNIC STUDIES: Hertha D. Sweet Wong, Warren Carson;
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING: Derrick Miller
- GAYS AND LESBIANS IN THE PROFESSION; Katherine Biers:
- INDEPENDENT SCHOLARS/ALTERNATIVE CAREERS: Eric Zinner
- LECTURERS: Leah Strobel, Jeongoh Kim
- LESS-TAUGHT LANGUAGES: Christopher E. Larkosh
- POLITICS AND THE PROFESSION: Nathan Brown, Yogita Goval
- TWO-YEAR COLLEGES: H. Edward Higginbotham, David Clemens
- WOMEN IN THE PROFESSION: Rachael King, Basuli Deb, Miriam L. Wallace;
❤ REGIONAL DELEGATES (Read carefully) Discussion Group Exec Committee
- COMPARATIVE ROMANCE LINGUISTICS: Christopher D. Sams
- P-T FACULTY MEMBERS (2yr replacement terms): Luziris Turi
- P-T FACULTY MEMBERS: Ryan Calbretta-Sajder
The association's annual elections for second vice president, Executive Council, Delegate Assembly, and division and discussion group executive committees are held in the fall. Information about the election of the second vice president and Executive Council members can be found on the council's Web page. Information about the election of Delegate Assembly members is available on the assembly's Web page. The executive committee elections are described on the About Committees page.Results of the association's annual elections are usually known shortly after 10 December, the deadline for receipt of ballots. All candidates are notified by mail of the election results. The names of all winners are published at the MLA convention, in the second issue of the Convention News and Program Update. After the convention, election results are posted at the MLA Web site. In addition, the results of the elections for second vice president and the council are published in the Spring issue of the MLA Newsletter. Members who wish to learn the outcome of particular contests before the convention may contact Carol Zuses, coordinator of governance, after 14 December (email@example.com). A candidate who is interested in the vote tally for the contest(s) in which he or she participated should send a written request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the coordinator of governance (MLA, 26 Broadway, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10004-1789).