Check & click Petition Junction. Do you have an adjunct or higher ed petition? Send us the link to add to our list. Plus, adjunct heroes get a hat tip here too ~
- NEW this week: New Faculty Majority petitions Texas A&M University at San Antonio: Reinstate Fired Adjunct Professor Sissy Bradford, presented by NFM VP Matt Williams.
- Ana Maria Tamayo Fores' Adjunct Pay Petition and her monumental persistence inspired me to start this project.
- Another petition to Obama for equal pay for equal work for part time college teachers. Carol Jordan of California Part-Time Faculty Assoc. (CPFA, in CA CCs) writes, "Part time community college instructors earn, on average, 50 cents on the dollar compared to full timers. Moreover, we receive no benefits, no tenure, and no pension. We need pay equity NOW! That's why I signed a petition to President Barack Obama asking him to: Stop balancing college budgets on the backs of part time faculty. Will you sign the petition too? Click here to add your name.
- Support Human Rights, Not Corporate Rights, presented by Kate Redford
- Support forgiveness of student loans, presented by Robert Applebaum
- Tell Vice President Biden: Don't Blame Faculty for the High Cost of College; Most Are "Working Poor!" (a New Faculty Majority petition)
- Sign petition to State Superintendent Huppenthal protesting pulling Mexican-American Studies from AZ schools (especially Tucson) and all AZ higher ed, presented by Gary Rhoades, University of Arizona
Hat Tips to (adjunct) Heroes... Sissy Bradford, Jack Longmate, Melissa Bruninga-Matteau, Lee Bessette, Josh Boldt (check out latest, "Media exposure and the power of sharing" at the Adjunct Project), Ana Maria Tamayo Fores.
(PS you don't have to be an adjunct to be a hero: we've building that list too and taking nominations)