- Student Protests in Quebec continue. Talks have begun..
- In response to protests, Quebec government tries to strike down freedom of assembly. Protesters respond with new forms of dissent.
- Solidarity for Quebec students spreads to the US. For information on Berkeley actions see Reclaim UC
- Teachers and Students strike in Spain to protest austerity cuts to education.
- "The Public Refusal of Privatization"
- CSU administrators pushing online education.
- At the CCs and CSUs summer classes are disappearing due to budget cuts.
- Charles Reed follows Jack Scott into retirement. President Yudof?
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
U to the Rescue! Cali Link Feast
Michael Merzanze's Links for May 29, 2012 from Remaking the University (high on our highly recommended blogs list): Quebec to California (rather a ring, doncha' think?). A recent reader comment on our wall reminded me to pay more attention to California. Chris Newfield's and Michael Meranze's excellent, thoughtful, informative, well researched and written higher ed blog is a good place to start. Add Chris' Blog Archive (overflow site, not really "too dumb to live" at all) to the list. Although CA higher ed is a primary focus, coverage and articles in both go far beyond state lines. Perhaps, a CA reading list next. Got suggestions?
PS I still have my own ramblings with day old links in drafts...